We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and talented Group Accountant to join one of the fastest growing and dynamic digital print solutions providers in the UK.
Corona Corporate Solutions Ltd is a leading Managed Print Services (MPS) solution provider in the UK and a highly specialised business telecoms provider. We offer a consolidated product and service portfolio, which focuses on helping organisations to improve efficiency, increase productivity and reduce costs.
The business is growing rapidly through M&A and has successfully completed and integrated 6 acquisitions in the last 14 months. Over the same time, EBITDA has doubled to +£20m pa and the employee base has increased 2.5 times to over 250 across 3 core locations within the UK. With our business expanding rapidly this is an exciting time to join our growing finance team.
The main purpose of this role is be the technical lead on accounting and controls. The role takes ownership of statutory accounting processes and supports the more technical areas of monthly management accounting, as well as overseeing payments and other accounting functions, whilst providing leadership, motivation, training and development of accounts payable and accounts administration teams.
Reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller and work alongside the Management Accountant.
The ideal candidate will be technically strong and methodical with a proven track record of managing a team
Main Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Lead on the technical accounting areas including acquisitions and investments, corporation tax and goodwill
- Prepare statutory financial statements including group consolidations
- Liaise with external auditors throughout year end process
- Work with the Group Controller to ensure the accurate and timely integration of acquired balance sheets and implementation of consistent accounting treatments
- Lead on initiatives such as legal structure simplification and migration of accounting from acquired entities to the core trading entity
- Work with the Group Controller to ensure there are strong financial controls across all business operations
- Oversee the smooth day to day running of the accounts payable and cash/bank operations, progressively making improvements in processes
- Provide effective leadership, motivation, training and development for a team of five operational accounting staff
- Develop team members, improving their abilities, setting measurable goals to achieve common goal
- Management of accounts payable – ensuring complete invoice processing, supplier statement reconciliations, expense processing, etc.
- Management of accounts administration – ensuring good banking controls, complete and accurate receipt and payment allocation and complete bank reconciliations.
- Professional qualification (ACA/ACCA)
- Good technical accounting knowledge with a broad experience of best practice accounting processes and controls in a high-volume environment
- Able to succeed in a PE and acquisition integration environment
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, develop and manage the existing teams
- Strong communication and team management skills with ability to engage with different individual styles at all levels
- Positive and forward-thinking attitude with the ability to create and run with plans for continuous improvement and integration
- Methodical, systematic, diligent and highly organised
- Proactive, with an ability to identify problems and devise solutions – make things happen
- Good IT skills (accounting systems, Excel)
- Working knowledge of VAT and Corporation Tax
- The ideal candidate will come from a medium to large company background and be accustomed to good staff management practices, sound controls, ERP including implementation
- Possible work experience in telecoms, utilities, software, finance leasing or IT
- Accountancy practice experience
- Possible work experience as financial controller in a smaller business or financial accountant seeking next career step
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Assurance
How to Apply
All candidates wishing to apply, please email a copy of your updated CV to Recruitment@coronacs.com